Cozy Corner Preschool is a licensed facility which has been in operation for over 25 years. The school’s philosophy is a mixture of the Reggio Emilia and Montessori theories. We thoroughly believe “it takes a village to raise a child” and we work hard to develop a strong partnership with parents in order to provide a first-class educational program. We believe in promoting the development of the whole child and do this by providing activities that are both engaging and developmentally appropriate. Through special interest centers, your child will develop skills that will help him or her to excel throughout his or her school years and for the rest of their lives. Our program focuses on:
- Social skills
- Fine motor and gross motor skills
- Academic skills including:
- Language and cognitive development
- Spanish/English Language Acquisition
- A strong, hands-on science program
- Early literacy – Raising a Reader reading program
- Areas of study include; Safety/Health, Manners/Family, Native Americans/Pioneers, Circus/Zoo, Children Around The World/Transportation, The Five Senses/Emotions, Dinosaurs/Spring on the Farm, Space/Insects, Taking Care of Our Planet Earth
Come learn and have fun with Miss Debbie! Use the links below to see current preschool schedules or call (970) 625-0919 with questions or to inquire about enrollment.
Parents; when I made up September’s calendar, I was hoping we would be able to resume in-person field trips. I had planned on taking the children to the fire station, however, they have suspended tours because of Covid. We will, therefore, have a virtual field trip to the fire station in class. I also have other activities to facilitate fire safety planned. We will also be learning about safety around the home, i.e. electrical outlets, not ingesting any kind of cleaning solution, etc. It will be a fun and busy day.
Also parents I have attached a Covid check list to the sign in sheet. Each day I am relying on you to verify your child’s symptoms. If you can just quickly go through the checklist to determine if your child should attend or not, that would greatly help me. I will then check their temperature as they walk in the class room. The sign in sheet is below the checklist. Thanks for your help.
Parents; I am so looking forward to next week. I hope the children are excited. I always try to use playdough the first day of school, it seems to ease the first day jitters. However, due to Covid, any sensory activities are restricted unless the children have their own materials. I am asking parents to make a batch of play dough for their child, put it in a ziplock bag with their name on it, and keep it in their backpack for days when we will use the play dough. I attached a recipe.
1 Cup flour
1/2 Cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 Cup Water
1 Tblspn oil
Mix the dry ingredients, add the liquids, along with food coloring or kool aid for color. Cook over high heat stirring constantly until a little thicker than mashed potato consistency. Pour out on counter top and knead
Also parents, in order to make the health screening process quicker before class, I ask that before bringing the children you ask the following questions:
- Does my child have a cough
- Does my child have difficulty with breathing or shortness of breath
- Does my child have muscle aches or chills
- Does my child have a sore throat
- Does my child have a new loss of taste or smell.
- Has my child been exposed to someone with Covid or Covid like Syptoms
- Does my child have a fever 100.4 or higher (I will also do temp. checks here)
Thanks for your help. Also please remember to provide your child with a snack each day and a water bottle.